Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fabrics of the desert

So I was this privileged to spent some time in the Sinaidesert with the amazingly kind and wise Bedouins and I was taken away by the beauty of their  fabrics .... used everyday, needed for protection, to sit on, to carry essentials, made of cotton, of goathair, camelhair or sheephair

















A tent, made of goathair









These fabrics give shelter ,  whether it is a very warm desertday or a very cold desertnight... ...
that's why the Bedouins make them and carry them with them as  they move on through the desert again and again...and again





and a rug,  made of camelhair








I took my fabric into the desert and worked on it... filled it with words of the desert ...  and now that  I am home again my fabric carries  the  memories of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment